What information is helpful to have available during intake and while working with a benefits planner?
When meeting with BenefitU it is helpful to have the following information available:
- Clear goals, questions, or specific needs that you would like support with
- Any relevant letters or relevant correspondence from Social Security
- Paystubs or summary of your wages, along with details about your employment and pay rates
- Insurance cards or knowledge or insurance coverage and dates
- Documents related to any work incentives that may be in place (subsidy or special conditions, IRWE, PASS plans, etc.)
- If applicable, the contact information of key people who are familiar with your benefits and needs (job coach, family, friend, advocate, paid assistants)